Saturday, October 1, 2011

Praise Be To HIM!!

The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. ~ John 1:14

My heart is overwhelmed with praise this morning! So full, that I find it hard to know where to begin...

For those of you who follow me over at my other "blog home", you read this week that a friend of Luke's suffered a major heart attack last Sunday. He was put into a medically induced coma. By mid-week, the parents reported to us that the Dr.'s had informed them that it would "take a miracle" for L to survive.

Wednesday it was national "See you at the pole" day. Students all over our nation gathered on their school campuses to pray. Some prayed for their nation. Some prayed for their schools. Del Oro High School (where my son and his friend attend) prayed for L and his family. I can't say what everyone else's specific prayers were, but I can say that my son, along with us and MANY others ( I called the world I think, including contacting K~Love radio) have been praying for a miracle! I know what my Father is capable of. After Wednesday, I started seeing this all in a new light. I started to see that there was a bigger picture. Obviously this young man was in much medical need. Obviously his parents were hurting beyond what I can even comprehend. My gut and my heart were telling me that L would be healed and that this was about bringing others into relationship with Christ... Maybe some who didn't share any relationship with Him... Maybe others who have relationship, but it is only surface deep.

It is no coincidence that on the day AFTER the school gathered to pray for him, this boy's parents called the school to report that they thought they had seen L try to open his eyes. It is no coincidence that two days after the school gathered to pray for L, he woke up from his coma. He completely came out of it! The doctors had said it would take a miracle, and that it what they witnessed. I'm sure today they are stumped by it all, but I am not. Those that have been praying are not. My son is not. His faith has been forever changed because he has witnessed first hand the biggest kind of miracle there is.

Last night before we went to bed, I prayed with my family. My prayers included this friend of Luke's and his family. I prayed for physical and emotional strength and healing. I prayed specifically that L would come out of his coma and that everything about that would point to Christ.... That He would receive ALL the glory for the miraculous thing He had done! My eyes are wet this morning and there is a lump in my throat as big as a golf ball because my Jesus did this. He wrote the pages of this week. He continues to write the pages of the days and weeks to come as the effects of this boy's life and tragic near death story trickle down. This is far from over.

Please continue to pray for L as he now has double pneumonia. I will be praying for healing there too. I will also be praying that people's hearts will be open to accepting what really happened here. That we will see it for what it really is and nothing else.... That the Lord will receive all the praise and honor. I will pray for this high school student body too. I believe that the Lord wants to turn their eyes towards Him in this. I believe he wants to capture hearts. I pray that their hearts will be tender and willing.

Thank you, Jesus. You are so good... So perfect. I can say that knowing that even if you would have chosen to take L's life, You still would have had a perfect plan. I ask that You continue to be with L as he experiences complete healing. I pray that Your face is seen in all of this.... That everything about this story points to YOU! Thank you for making your presence known in my heart this week and in the hearts of my family. I praise You because of who You are. You never change. You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I am in awe...

2 comments: