Monday, July 25, 2011

New Birth

As I was driving home from a chiropractor appointment today, this very phrase ran across my brain several times...

A passion for praise.

At first I was confused about why this came to me. As I thought further though, it all made sense. I recently read about someone else's passion. I read the words carefully while I thought these questions in my head...

What is my passion?

Is my passion evident to those around me?

Is there physical evidence of my passion?

I thought these things and then I became distracted and forgot to answer them. In the car today, the Lord was just following through with me. He noticed the big question mark there and He knew it needed to be answered. A passion for praise is what I have been learning about for the past several months. It is something that I feel has changed inside of me. I used to be one that worried constantly... about everything. I am a planner and I have never been one for change. God knew just how to fix these things this year though, and that is just what we have been up to... He and I.

I am learning that it isn't something that can be fixed in my own timing. It is only in His, and I have even come as far to accept that it is something that I will most likely learn about for the rest of my life on earth! I have not only accepted it though. I have become full of excitement over this learning process. I CRAVE it!

Through all of this, praising Jesus is what I have become passionate about. My eyes have been opened to the fact that it is nearly impossible for any human being to have complete, authentic joy in their heart 24/7, BUT when we at least strive for that, the picture is always different and there is ALWAYS reason to give praise.

On these pages I hope to spread the contagious love and mercy of a God who sent His son to save me... to save US! Being passionate about praise has changed my life. It has changed how I handle life's ups and downs. It has changed my prayer life. It has changed me as a wife and it has changed how I parent my children.

Through this tiny conversation that I had with the Lord today in my car, I feel that I am being called to share about my passion for praising Jesus... In every circumstance. Thus, the birth of this new place. I pray that the words that I choose to type will always be only from Him. I want only to glorify Him. I would love for you to join me as we practice having His praise ALWAYS on our lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment