Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Beautiful Things



I've been listening to this song on K~ Love for weeks now. Every time I hear it, I hear whispers of truth being spoken into me. It's easy to let ourselves feel everything BUT beautiful in this world we live in. We are confronted daily with what the world believes to be "beautiful". This weekend I went to the ocean with my hubby and boys. On our way, I received a text from a good friend of mine. I had just shared with her the night before about my struggles with feeling beautiful. She sent this...

"He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22:20

My friend knew that there would be many "beach bodies" looming in front of me for the weekend. She knew my insecurities, and she provided this scripture as a reminder that the Lord DELIGHTS in me! He sees beauty in me, and that is what matters most!

The Lord is SO able to make beautiful things out of the nastiest, filthiest dust that lies in front of us daily. There is only one requirement...

Are our hearts open to listening to only His truths and NOT the truths of the world?

*** Don't forget to pause the music at the bottom of this page before starting the video. ***

1 comment:

  1. God does indeed make beautiful things! But not necessarily in an instant. He allows our experiences and how we deal with them to make us more beautiful over time. You may have been a cute little girl, but I see more and more all the time the beautiful woman God is creating in you. So not only does God see your beauty, but He allows all of us to see it as you share His love. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete