Monday, August 8, 2011

He's About Beauty

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek;
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the
Lord
and to seek Him in his
temple. ~


Outside of my dining room window, stands a peach tree. From this window, the only part of the tree visible is the tree top. Right now it is covered with dark green leaves. There is one limb that stands alone though. It has no leaves. It sticks up straight into the sky.

Every night (almost at the same exact time) a bright red dragonfly appears on that bare branch. It flies in and hovers over the tree for a bit and then makes it's landing on that branch where it stays for a good long time. Colby and Luke have both been out to take pictures of it. They have even put a ladder out there in the middle of the yard so that they can get a closer look at it's detail. The amazing thing is that it doesn't fly away! It just stays there for us to behold it's beauty.

I have come to realize that this dragonfly is an offering. Every night as I prepare dinner for my family, it is there to remind me of the details that God is capable of. More often than not, I enter the kitchen exhausted at the end of the day. It's really the last place I want to be. That dragonfly puts an instant smile on my heart and face. It changes my perspective every night! Those are the kinds of details God delights in taking care of. As that smile appears on my face, so does a smile appear on His.

My God is all about beauty. He mastered it in things that surround us every day. He created it in even me. I have found that to stop and notice it is giving God the credit He so deserves! There is so much blessing in seeing the beautiful ways in which He takes care of every detail of my life and the lives around me.

I pray that you see the the beauty and the purpose in your dragonfly today...

No comments:

Post a Comment